Powerbox Igyro 3xtra - PBS3620
The iGyro 3xtra ushers in the second generation of the iGyro family. The new iGyro 3xtra boasts a completely revised regulatory algorithm and set-up procedure, expanded features and enormously enhanced performance, making it the new “State of the Art”.
In contrast to its predecessor - the 3e - the new iGyro no longer incorporates delta and V-tail mixers. Instead the iGyro has a new, simple learning process enabling it to detect all servo mixer combinations, which can even include differential and unequal travels. The user simply sets up delta control surfaces, V-tails, flaperons and tailerons at the transmitter in the usual way. A sophisticated three-dimensional algorithm then divides up the control commands again into aileron, elevator and rudder for all five inputs individually. This method ensures accurate suppression of the individual axes when control commands are given, or when the heading function is in use.
Another significant innovation is the learning process for the installed position of the gyro: this simply involves movements of the model itself. At the same time the procedure also defines the directions of effect in the iGyro. In the past many pilots have been unsure whether they have actually set the direction of effect correctly, but this doubt is now eliminated.
If you are at the flying field and don’t have a smartphone with BlueCom Adapter or a laptop with USB Interface Adapter to hand, you can very easily adjust the gyro’s gain for each axis individually and accurately using the transmitter sticks - without any additional equipment at all!
The hardware has also been subtly improved: the unit now features comprehensive ESD protection to provide a complete shield against static charge problems in the model.
Supplementary features such as gyro characteristics, stick priority and lock-in feel also give experts the means to customise the iGyro 3xtra to their exact personal requirements.
- Extremely accurate triple-axis MEMS sensor
- New regulatory algorithm for fixed-wing model aircraft with improved performance
- Optional GPS-controlled speed compensation
- Freely selectable orientation in the model
- Automatic detection of orientation in the model
- Ultra-simple set-up procedure
- Adjustment of gain on individual axes without additional devices
- Delta and V-tail mixers accurately detected, including differential travels
- Exact separation of control inputs when mixed inputs are in use
- Flap mixer can be superimposed without affecting gyro performance
- Gain adjustment at the transmitter
- Selectable Attitude Assist function for precise gyro regulation
- Two ranges selectable from the transmitter for different gyro functions
- Selectable five-stage gyro characteristics
- User-variable stick priority
- User-variable lock-in feel
- Input and output with PWM signals
- Fine-tuning via USB or BlueCom and mobile telephone
- Can be updated using the PowerBox USB interface adapter
- Robust aluminium case
|Operating voltage||4.0V - 9.0V|
|Current drain Power-on state||40mA|
|Maximum load current||20A|
|Servo signal resolution||0,5µs|
|Gyro regulation||Heading- and Normalmode|
|Gyro sensor type||MEMS|
|Number of sensor axes||3|
|Dimensions||43 x 30 x 15 mm|
|Weight||36g, inkl. 6 Patchleads|
|Temperature range||-30°C to +75°C|